Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Easter Visitors!!!!!!

: ) My mom came to see me!!! It was a lovely, but very short time because the conference somewhat conflicted with her visit to Japan. I am so glad God enabled me to do both things though! We ate tons of the best apple pie and cheese souffle, had many giggle-fests and mom-daughter heart-to-hearts. It was such a blessing to have her 'taste' (literally and figuratively) what I am experiencing over here. YAY for us!

LOOK WHO IT IS: Mi Bredren! It was a very joyful, hilarious yet sanctified time. They got to get a taste of Martin's beast work ethic! YEAH! They also got to get down and dirty, Ruth-Mae-Ghent-style by baking JEWISH cookies and Matzah flat bread! They were so overwhelmed by the amount of sweat, detail and most of all LOVE that went into all the various preparations for the Passover meal. We also had some legit, Christ-centered talks about things we are facing lately, which was empowering and enlightening. I got the best bros yo! SMILE.

The beautiful yet profound center pieces designed by Noamster-San for our Passover/Easter event.
MATZAH BREAD! Some turned into Matzah balls for the Matzah ball soup! WAHOO! Amazeballs...

Matt got to meet my little munchy-munchkins and make Easter eggs with them! Right on!


The meaning behind each of the dishes that night created a heart-warming and sacred atmosphere...It was a Good Friday that I will never forget.

Making Jewish cookies for Passover Dinner Round 2 at Harvest Chapel.

Easter Egg huntin' with Koko-Chun.

Sunday service at Harvest Chapel.

A very inspiring fellow by the name of Hiroshi-San serenaded us with his Godly music and testimony of Jesus' Grace. He was awesome and I even got to sing with him a little bit!

SPRING HAS COME! Finally...and with a lot of smiles from all of us who have endured such a harsh, cold, frozen winter! Us Canadians don't know winter the way these Aomori folk know winter... I never thought I'd see the meters of snow actually melt away! God is Good. haha...



What has significantly touched my heart: Passover dinner, the blood red roses, their thorns mirrored in the pointed, rusty nails, the piercing tips of the crown He wore... That should have been us. We're but a mockery of holiness, of goodness, of purity. Yet the crown of thorns truly did crown a King, the only King. And aren't we just so drawn to His image? Head bent, sweat and blood dripping down, arms outstretched upon a tree in pure sacrifice, eyes filled with pain-love for His unfaithful, wretched Bride. You, me...How can you look away?

I sat and swayed to music and tears filled my eyes as I looked across the table at my two favourite boys who came all the way from Toronto to see me. I thought of all that we have been through and the pain and laughter we will experience together. I felt so proud of them, so in awe that God would give me these two to do life with, to experience and process His love together, forever. I looked around and breathed in this moment of such overwhelming grace, warmth, light and love. I scanned over the faces of my beloved Japanese friends who don't know how to accept and experience His love yet. My heartaches for them were wordless prayers, cries of mercy to our God. Oh save them Father. Let them be a part of Your glorious inheritance that will never spoil or fade...

I was glowing that night because, once again, I was knocked right over by His gushing, bleeding Grace that tears apart my old labels and sears onto my heart the word Beloved...Nothing can touch me when I say 'Yes' to Him and let His great love cover me.

Take the time, stop your schedule and just bask in all His promises, His gifts...Take time to experience being loved by the ultimate Lover of our souls...

Enjoy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CUGTIWCFyo

3 comments:

  1. We're so undeserving, but God is so good! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a beautiful post Jess =)))! SO glad we were able to come and see you! What a wonderful blessing the Ghents are. I love the song too =)! Miss you so much! Love your other big bro Natey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So amazing. So much love. Can't wait to be reunited again when you come back home. But until then, keep doing the incredible work that you do!!!

    I continue to glow thinking about our time together on Good Friday. What a God given blessing that was.

    Love
    M.

    ReplyDelete