Tuesday, January 24, 2012

WELCOME TO JAPAN!


Call me crazy, but generally I experience positive feelings when I think about and eat plane food...Not that it tastes good or anything, but for me it just somehow adds a strange (and somewhat gross) excitement to the entire traveling experience!! haha...


SO! Yes, I have arrived! It is pretty surreal to be sitting here in Tokyo, Japan! I had an awesome plane ride, mainly due to my crazy awesome friends who gave me very happy plane letters to read! (A special shout out to Kayla for the HILARIOUS custom-made crossword and wordsearch...I was literally laughing out loud!)

I was also able to RAID the kid's section of the movies available! (Diary of a Wimpy Kid is my new fave film...LOL)

But most importantly, I felt God near me the entire time. It was just such a unique and new experience for me to be doing something this big, alone...Well, alone in the sense that there were no other people I knew...However, I felt Him very close to me and it was great just to spend time sharing my heart and spilling my guts to my True Best Friend. Ah... I just love Jesus. SO. MUCH. :)

I was met at Narita Airport by a very sweet spirited lady Christine, originally from Chicago! She is just lovely and it was great to hear a bit of her missionary story that God has begun to write for her! We are both amazed and excited that His plan has brought her to Japan...

Currently I sit in this cozy, and surprisingly WARM guest room at the OMF mission house in Ichikawa. I'm nodding off because even though it is only 7:18pm here, it is actually 5:18am in my brain...ugh... :) BUT, God is with me and He has led me here. I am so grateful and full of joy. I love tomorrows...They are always beautiful when Jesus walks with you.

I love you family , friends, church brothers and sisters. I feel your prayers and will not stop praying for all of you as well.

"Give thanks to the Lord, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done, and proclaim that his name is exalted. Sing to the Lord, for he has done glorious things; let this be known to all the world."
Isaiah 12:4-5

Nitey Nite!

4 comments:

  1. may His will continue to be done through you as you submit to Him fully trusting in Him :) beautiful Jess, am very excitedly praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so good to hear that you are doing well Jess! Have an amazing time in Japan and I can't wait to hear about all the things you will be doing for Him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh.. that plane food DOES look incredible! LOL! I'm gonna take a 4hr flight...somewhere just so I can have it... but not Air Canada, they literally give you nuts unless it's more than 6 >_<
    Keep them prayers going boober, we're all behind you 1000%!!!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES 1000% =))))))))))))))))))))))))))!! LOL! Love yas!
    UR big white brother Nate =))))))))!

    ReplyDelete